By A. Timár
Read or Download A Modern Coleridge: Cultivation, Addiction, Habits PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
A few fifty years ahead of Chrétien de Troyes wrote what's most likely the 1st and definitely the main influential tale of the Holy Grail, photos of the Virgin Mary with an easy yet radiant bowl (called a grail” in neighborhood dialect) seemed in church buildings within the Spanish Pyrenees. during this interesting publication, Joseph Goering explores the hyperlinks among those sacred photos and the origins of 1 of the West’s so much enduring legends.
This is the 1st booklet to build a theoretical framework that not just introduces a brand new approach of examining romance writing at large, yet extra in particular that generates necessary severe readings of the explicit services of fairies in person romance texts.
Why is the tale of romance in books, magazines, and flicks nonetheless geared toward ladies instead of at males? Even after a long time of feminism, conventional rules and messages approximately romantic love nonetheless carry sway and, in our “postfeminist” age, are extra renowned than ever. more and more, we have now develop into a tradition of romance: tales of all types form the phrases of affection.
Romanticism and the Museum argues that museums have been critical to Britain's figuring out of itself as a state within the wake of the French Revolution. It positive aspects Wordsworth, Scott, Edgeworth, and literary periodicals that includes Byron and Horace Smith.
- The Heyday of Sir Walter Scott (Routledge Revivals)
- Carmilla: A Critical Edition (Irish Studies)
- Romantic Mediations: Media Theory and British Romanticism (SUNY series, Studies in the Long Nineteenth Century)
- Romanticism, Revolution and Language: The Fate of the Word from Samuel Johnson to George Eliot
- Journeys into Darkness: Critical Essays on Gothic Horror (Studies in Supernatural Literature)
- Romanticism and the Emotions
Extra info for A Modern Coleridge: Cultivation, Addiction, Habits
A Modern Coleridge: Cultivation, Addiction, Habits by A. Timár