By Diana Wallace
Read or Download Female Gothic Histories: Gender, Histories and the Gothic (Gothic Literary Studies) PDF
Best literary gothic & romantic criticism books
A few fifty years ahead of Chrétien de Troyes wrote what's most likely the 1st and definitely the main influential tale of the Holy Grail, photos of the Virgin Mary with an easy yet radiant bowl (called a grail” in neighborhood dialect) seemed in church buildings within the Spanish Pyrenees. during this interesting e-book, Joseph Goering explores the hyperlinks among those sacred pictures and the origins of 1 of the West’s such a lot enduring legends.
This is the 1st e-book to build a theoretical framework that not just introduces a brand new manner of studying romance writing at large, yet extra in particular that generates worthy severe readings of the categorical features of fairies in person romance texts.
Why is the tale of romance in books, magazines, and flicks nonetheless geared toward ladies instead of at males? Even after a long time of feminism, conventional rules and messages approximately romantic love nonetheless carry sway and, in our “postfeminist” age, are extra well known than ever. more and more, we've got develop into a tradition of romance: tales of all types form the phrases of affection.
Romanticism and the Museum argues that museums have been necessary to Britain's figuring out of itself as a kingdom within the wake of the French Revolution. It positive factors Wordsworth, Scott, Edgeworth, and literary periodicals that includes Byron and Horace Smith.
- The Post-Romantics: Volume 10 (Routledge Library Editions: Romanticism)
- The Romantics and the May Day Tradition (Nineteenth Century)
- Le Bone Florence of Rome: A Critical Edition and Facing Translation of a Middle English Romance Analogous to Chaucer’s Man of Law’s Tale (New Century Chaucer)
- Poetry and Ecology in the Age of Milton and Marvell (Literary and Scientific Cultures of Early Modernity)
- Dorothy Wordsworth and Hartley Coleridge: The Poetics of Relationship
- Gothic Stories Within Stories: Frame Narratives and Realism in the Genre, 1790–1900
Additional info for Female Gothic Histories: Gender, Histories and the Gothic (Gothic Literary Studies)
Female Gothic Histories: Gender, Histories and the Gothic (Gothic Literary Studies) by Diana Wallace