By Donna Heiland
Year: 2008 version: 1 Language: English Pages: 232
--This textual content refers to an alternative Kindle Edition edition.
Read or Download Gothic and Gender: An Introduction PDF
Similar literary gothic & romantic criticism books
A few fifty years sooner than Chrétien de Troyes wrote what's most likely the 1st and positively the main influential tale of the Holy Grail, pictures of the Virgin Mary with an easy yet radiant bowl (called a grail” in neighborhood dialect) seemed in church buildings within the Spanish Pyrenees. during this attention-grabbing ebook, Joseph Goering explores the hyperlinks among those sacred photos and the origins of 1 of the West’s such a lot enduring legends.
This is the 1st ebook to build a theoretical framework that not just introduces a brand new approach of interpreting romance writing at large, yet extra in particular that generates beneficial serious readings of the categorical features of fairies in person romance texts.
Why is the tale of romance in books, magazines, and flicks nonetheless geared toward girls instead of at males? Even after a long time of feminism, conventional rules and messages approximately romantic love nonetheless carry sway and, in our “postfeminist” age, are extra renowned than ever. more and more, we've develop into a tradition of romance: tales of every kind form the phrases of affection.
Romanticism and the Museum argues that museums have been quintessential to Britain's realizing of itself as a state within the wake of the French Revolution. It positive factors Wordsworth, Scott, Edgeworth, and literary periodicals that includes Byron and Horace Smith.
- The Arthurian Name Dictionary (Garland Reference Library of the Humanities)
- King Arthur: A Casebook (Arthurian Characters and Themes)
- The Late Poetry of the Lake Poets: Romanticism Revised (Cambridge Studies in Romanticism)
- Space and Narrative in the Nineteenth-Century British Historical Novel
- Friendship and Allegiance in Eighteenth-Century Literature: The Politics of Private Virtue in the Age of Walpole (Palgrave Studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the Cultures of Print)
- British Women Poets and the Romantic Writing Community
Extra resources for Gothic and Gender: An Introduction
Gothic and Gender: An Introduction by Donna Heiland